Sunday, August 16, 2009

Breathing life into a dead language..


I'd like to introduce you to a brand new punk act that I've only known for a short time, a group that's as tight as they are melodic. The band: Latin for Truth

Who the hell are these guys, anyway? Somehow, it took Latin for Truth three EPs, a collection of demos and a full-length before they popped up on my radar -- a signal that I don't mind bragging is quite attuned to the burgeoning pop-core scene. Apparently, the band has encountered a few setbacks over the last year or so and has decided a redefinition is in order.

LFT mixes tight, quick drum tracks reminiscent of Anchors for Arms, melodic vocals a la No Use for a Name, MXPX- and Gatsby's American Dream-like chord progressions, and an urgency that is all their own. This is a band that would make Lifetime proud.

Even better: LFT's new (rebirth) EP, We Are Sick of Not Having the Courage to Be Absolute Nobodies (name taken from a Salinger essay), is available for free digital download that I wish I knew how to imbed haha. A full-length, already titled Youth Crew Blues, is due out in 2010.

I'm going to be looking for good things from these guys in the future. Check em out



Now, you Irish cops are perking up. That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men. Kind of makes me feel like Riverdancing."
- Paul Smecker, Boondock Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment