Monday, October 5, 2009

Twenty years of bad decisions

Won't let your lousy reputation throw me
off
If I had one shred of common sense I would have already left..don't ask how long I've been waiting here you can probably guess. Tracing the arc of the hour hand. This clock's incredibly slow. You ask how long I've been waiting here. I've been hanging out. And counting down the time that I've been wasting, I've been holding on for way too long your always worth the wait though, I guess. There ain't two ways about it I can't keep letting this go. And the promises..I promise it. You know your gonna break it. Instead of throwing up your hands...why don't you tell me what you were trying to tell me? I'm sick of breaking all these plans. Now, it's starting to kill me. I'm about as close to making sense as I am ever going to get. Is that how quickly I'd be gone? And just read my lips. They're pretty loose. But I can't overstate who's kidding who? Falling over backwards for you. Falling over everybody else..I put myself in that position. Every single time I have the chance.I know it's not my business, to be digging up these things I shouldn't know. Twenty years of bad decisions haven't taught me much at all. Separate events you're making..everyone pretends it's not your fault and all of this offense you're taking, doesn't really bother me at all. Having every question answered doesn't help when you're not supposed to know anything. Another textbook situation. Everything I think I know, I've read..what's the point of medication?All it makes me wish; that I were dead. It's pretty clear that you are me. It's written here on every single page. I'm smitten but not stupid, I can read it all over your face. I should've known that this would happen from the start. This kind of function's gonna have to fall apart. I guess before I would've sworn that we were friends, maybe this problem points towards some larger trend? But I still don't understand..what this whole thing's about and all the words that you said are somehow stuck in my mouth and this was going so well. But I don't know what I did..all I really can tell, is I've been hit. Well there's only so much drama I can stand. And this is just about as far as I will bend.. so get your hands of my lapel because I think it's time to go. You know before I could've sworn that we were friends...so now that's how these problems always seem to end. I'm breaking my own rules becoming someone else. Everybody says I oughtta get over myself I'm thinking I can't move..if there isn't somewhere else to go. I've probably made mistakes that I've forgotten, it's all ambiguous now. I'd be willing to take the shape of what you wanted, I could just figure it out. You're never gonna understand what you're seeing..but later you'll pretend you can and you'll mean it. You might think it's all in your head but you're not certain anymore. I wouldn't put much talk in that 'cause the fact is it doesn't matter what you ask, it's who you're asking. Well, I'd say go throw it away if it's not working anymore. Well you've been taken and it's gonna hurt. Love's a classic 'cause it always works. This is a classic bluff because it always works on you. I got this whole thing figured out. I guess I better write it down, now cause presently my memory's not terribly sound. Everything is twice around, now it shouldn't be this hard..I guess I'm not as smart as I'd like to think I am. And even though you won't admit it now I know. I guess it isn't any news. This keeps coming out in two's. If history repeats itself then what can I do? Nothing I can say is news to you. Let's get this calendar straight. I shouldn't try to make sense of anything that goes on..when it goes on again and again and again. I'm buried underneath these opportunities...selective memories. Well, I'll bet you'll forget about me. If there was a problem I can't solve I'd just forget about it. I've always had everything I wanted and never doubted that I'd someday have my cake and eat it too..but lately something tells me I've been fooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment