Monday, October 5, 2009

Mediocre bad guys can really bring you down

I was sitting, waiting, wishing. You believed in superstitions. Then maybe you'd see the signs. Lord knows that this world is cruel. And I ain't the lord, no I'm just a fool learning.. loving somebody don't make them love you. Must I always be waiting, waiting on you? Must I always be playing your fool. I sang your songs, I danced your dance. I gave your friends, all a chance. Putting up with them wasn't worth never having you. Maybe you've been through this before, but it's my first time, so please ignore the next few lines, cause they're directed at you. I keep playing your part. But it's not my scene, want this plot to twist. I've had enough mystery. Keep building it up then shooting me down. But I'm already down. Well if I was in your position I'd put down all my ammunition, I'd wonder why it had taken me so long. But lord knows that I'm not you, and if I was I wouldn't be so cruel. Look at you out to make a deal. You try to be appealing but you lose your appeal. And what about those shoes you’re in today? They’ll do no good on the bridges you burnt along the way. And what about your mind? Does it shine or are there things that concern you more than your time? And what about your soul? Is it cold? Is it straight from the mold and ready to be sold? And I'm just a waste of his, energy. He's just wasting my time. Don't give me comic book sad looks no more. Please don't use those same excuses you've used before. You told yourself so many times it's ok. So eager to try but you just don't know how to come back down and now you'll, beat me up and break me down...hoping I don't come around. Kick me when I'm on the ground. Impressions, you've made impressions. They're going nowhere. They're just going to wait here if you let them, please don't let them. And if they're going to haunt me, please collect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment