Sunday, October 4, 2009

Men and mascara always run

He knows exactly what to do. Whenever I'm alone with him I can barely make a move by the time he opens up his eyes. He sings to me at night. He's singing...I know that he barely knows me I'm not faking love with him. It's like I'm singing karaoke and I forgot the second verse. But I can make up my own words. I know our love is new I barely know ya, I've fallen over you. It's the way you do the things you do that made me fall in love with you, are you in love with me too? He's got a little bit of money. And a little bit of this. And it's all we need to live. I got a little bit of love. And a little bit of that. And it's all I have to give. This time I'll try no to show that I'm not letting go. But the weather is cold now and hes still wrapped up in things that can keep him warm, unlike him she's the one that would heat up the winter air to keep him close. Now we'll get away..we keep on retaking the photographs. They'll never change the way we kiss goodbye, the way we hold our hands, the way we walk alone, the way we have no plan..this is something I'd like to forget. These numbers repeat themselves. These phone calls have no destination..dialing just anything to hear your voice tonight. I'm all ears, and I hear nothing. When it's convenient you walk through the door with a laid back look on your face. And all the people that you choose to ignore will never run in your race. had a feeling it would end up like this. I should have never closed my eyes or kissed. I didn't notice you reached in with your hand, ripped my heart and my soul out and left me broken. If you're the killer then I'm ready to die. Just remember me when I'm gone. If you're the devil then I'm with you tonight running to finish our song...All my innocence for the taking, I think I'm just about to lose this race. All my senses have been awaken... with a pretty face. I hope you're happy in your special place. You have a way of coming easily to me. And when you take, you take the very best of me. So I start a fight cause I need to feel something and you do what you want cause I'm not what you wanted. What a shame, what a rainy ending given to a perfect day, just walk away, no use defending words that you will never say. And now that I'm sitting here thinking it through, I've never been anywhere cold as you. You put up walls and paint them all a shade of gray and I stood there loving you and wished them all away..and you come away with a great little story of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you. You never did give a damn thing honey but I cried for you. And I know you wouldn't have told nobody if I died..died for you. I think its time we move on now. Looking out my bedroom window...see the planes take off one by one they come and go on and on on and on. I think about the places I'd go I think about this place I call home. All the shots and all that come all around...red light blinking in the twilight tracing in a path right out of here and now. Don't you think its quiet around here? Doesn't seem so much to do here..thinking back to this time last year, good times good, times good times. Don't you think we stay for too long? Don't you think the color has gone? Get on a plane.. it can't be wrong. Moving on. Those things, they look empty. But wait til it all comes down. Nothings going on round here, it's time I left town. Got a feeling I've gotta get out..before it brings me down.



I'm not coming back, I'm not gonna react, I'm not doing shit for you. I'm not sitting around while your tearing it down around us. I'm not living a lie while you swim in denial cause you're already dead and gone. You'll leave me out on the curb just like everyone else before you. Welcome to my world. Where everyone I ever need always ends up leaving me alone. Another lesson burned and I'm drowning in the ashes, kicking, screaming, welcome to my world. I don't care what you think, I'm not doing this again. I'm not another girl or a mother to take your shit out on. So let's see what you got and let's see what you're not. And whatever else you pretend you've defended my intentions long enough. So here I am again, in the middle of the end. The choice I wish I'd made, I always make too late. Welcome to my world. Empty bottle of wine on the hardwood floor. Last night, he said she was the one... but men and mascara always run. Did I give my love too soon or wait too long? Did I take it a little too easy, or put it on too strong? She was looking for love; he was looking for fun. She ain't getting any younger...It wasn't supposed to be this way. Staring in the mirror, with little black rivers runningdown her face... Tomorrow's gonna be a brand new day. She'll wake up in the morning and wash it all away.

No comments:

Post a Comment