Sunday, October 4, 2009

Out of sight, out of mind

And now you wish that you meant something...
And now you wish that you met someone..
And now you wish that you meant something to somebody else...


I would wait forever.

But still you wish....
Well ok, I guess nothing good has happened yet.
Well I'll pray, that I'll be alright.
don't waste your breath and just fade away
My attention along with all my hopes, have wasted away
I'll put the sparkle back in to your eyes, just not, this time.
I guess this is what it feels like to be the ocean
I'm looking through books,
pages upon pages of rusted up
history of you and me
and everything around us.
Our stories were crowded
in between other books about
dragons and witches,
knights-in-shining-armor and the
damsels-in-distress.
But, you always told me
our adventures were different;
our adventures consisted of comedies
and tragedies.
rivalries and relationships.
Battles won and battles lost.
I always thought though,
"Those sound just like
all the other stories that
surround us. So just why
exactly are ours so different?"
You smiled,
and i felt your fingers
lace with mine.
You smiled and told me
(in such a matter-of-factly tone)
"What we share, it's all real.
Nothing about beautifully-scaled dragons,
or wizards who flew on broomsticks,
or talking animals,
or knights who rescued princesses from
faraway prisons.
Our stories are reality

No comments:

Post a Comment