Tuesday, September 6, 2011

IDK My Bff Jill

So my little 13 yr old brother texted me asked me "What's it like to be in love?"

...for everyone out there I'll tell you what I think.

I think its different for everyone. Its as individual as the person. It feels like you're safe and not alone. Its growing old. Working things out. Its making it work. Not only accepting someone else but also yourself. It feels good. It's like...a state of being. Its not just a 4 letter word. But today it doesnt mean the same thing as it used to..I mean look back +50 years. It was commitment. Now I'm not saying it's still not the same thing but this kind of love is less common. Look at most peoples grandparents. They are most likely still together...but love is always evolving. But its really just a basic thing thats hard to describe. Theres different kinds of love though. Like you can love a movie, a pet, a person who isn't a family member or your homeboy in a non gay way. Then of course theres family love. But honestly, i think love is just something someone came up with and we've all been raised with hearing about it and seeing it you know? I mean do you have a family member you've never met and they're like "I love you". Ever ask yourself Why? I mean they dont even know you. We've all been conditioned to react powerfully to it because everyone makes it a big deal. I mean most kids first words are Momma, or Dadda right? Why? Is it maybe because thats the thing they hear the most? Momma this, Dadda that? I think love is learning. You learn....If you tell a parrot hello enough times chances are its going to repeat it. So love is basically learning in a way. Love is whatever you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment