Friday, February 26, 2010

OWL CITY

I thought I'd breakdown and bare my soul on the artist/band I really can't fucking stand...Owl City...my god. I really feel uncomfortable calling Adam Young "OWL CITY". A) because its a really fucking stupid name and B) it's just one guy. Why would you call yourself a band name if your just one guy? Why wouldn't you tour as Adam Young..because it's a common name? I mean Owl City is so...idk it fits. The songs though...cause all the songs are like the rantings and writings of an autistic four year old...these weird fantasy mystical... things of 'you know hes so removed from real life' 'hes just out there man'..he just sits there daydreams and writes down what he envisions. I hate when people call themselves band names like Rocketsummer and Owl City...if your doing everything just give yourself the credit. Why do you go under some weird cryptic name? so people have to look you up? so people are like Who the fuck is owl city? then you realize your one guy. What am I supposed to be impressed that your just one guy pulling off all this shit?...It just sounds like your just tinkering away at some keyboard.. it sounds terrible. I read that people think Owl City rips off Postal Service and yeah they do sound alike but I'm not gonna say he rips them off but I guess they're trying to create some new shit genre. You really can't call it indi it leans more towards emo....it sounds like if you took indi music and had it's balls ripped off by some rabid wolverines where it's like indi but without the edge. I don't know how to describe it...synthpop? Where Lady Gaga fits in. Just genres' these days have no boundaries they go all over the place...I will give Adam Young this...the songs they dont sound like anything else. it's a pretty genuine sound. I cant see the audience for this where you just wanna sit down and envision yourself on a vanilla beach or whatever the fuck the songs are called. Vanilla Twilight? Umbrella Beach? The songs on this cd Ocean Eyes sounds so wimpy. Vanilla Twilight sounds like a song that would be great on a Sega game...but the second he opens his mouth it turns to shit. Whats with all the autotune? I dont know what this guy sounds like without it he, pretty much relys on it.. he sounds like...Microsoft Sam got a fucking record deal. The song Fireflys is just..gay. I don't know what happened with rock music like Kings of Leon...they don't exactly rock. Nothing sounds new..

No comments:

Post a Comment