Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fools like me; we love blindly

Beware the danger it lurks for those who get swept away
The dreamers get punished most by truth
They say it's all in a little ways
One reveals their love's gone away,
Love's gone away
When my hand was in your hand
My heart was pure
Now I see a different man
Rewriting memories
The dogs run down the beach
And all I'm left with
Is sand in my shoes ,
Sand in my shoes
Fools like me
We love blindly
And the cracks don't count
It's gotta break in front of me
Now I recall that time at the cafe,
The thunderstorm outside
Words you could never say,
They hold the loudest tones
You say you'll write
But it's ink on a page,
Just ink on a page
Tic toc the time
Distant look grows in your eye
But fools never ask
Afraid of what lurks in your mind
I always knew, somehow, always knew I always knew the truth...
At least I can say
I was not afraid
I loved you all the way
I'd pick the fool any day

No comments:

Post a Comment